This meeting started early at 6pm instead of 7pm to avoid conflicting with the election result’s show that started at around 7:30pm!
The agenda for the meeting can be found here.
Here are some announcements from councillors;
- Festival of the arts is March 7th,8th and 9th
- Ivey Film Festival is March 22nd
- Arts Night March 7th 7-10th in the Great Hall in Summerville House
- The Vagina Monologues are March 5th and March 6th at 2pm and 7pm
- Relay for life at UWO is March 26 & 27th
There were a few presentations!
– Student Legacy Challenge (deciding how to spend the $175,00 left from unpicked up bus pass refund money). The application period to submit a proposal is February 1st – 28th, they are reviewed by the Buss Pass Refund Committee March 1st – 7th, on March 8th the proposals that are approved are presented at an event where all students are welcome, and on March 9th the USC General Assembly are presented with the proposals to get voting approval!
– Communications Survey Findings – Students were e-mailed the survey and the results are now online!
– Elections Committee – Referendum Petition – talked about the WUSC survey findings! Check out motion 1!
– University Students’ Council Governance Review Part 2!
There was then a few standing committee reports talking about what took place at the last meeting.
1 – A student referendum was needed to be brought forward for the March referendum period which consisted of implementing a $0.52 student fee (beginning September 2011) to go towards World University Services of Canada – PASSED!
2 – Requesting a Registered Interest Party Campaign to take place during the referendum from motion 1 – PASSED!
3 – WITHDRAWN! (same motion as 2)
4 – Requesting the Elections Committee to develop a referendum question for the March referendum ballot asking if students are in favor of a $13.00 student fee to implement late night bussing on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and holidays starting in September 2011 – PASSED!
5 – Requesting Elections Committee to develop a referendum question on the March referendum ballot asking if students are in favor of a $30.68 student fee increase starting September 2011 and maintaining a 5% annual increase and $1.50 administration fee to go from an 8 month buss pass to 12 month bus pass – PASSED!
6 – It was discovered that the Faculty of Education’s enrollment number was listed as 1,530, which should have been listed as 725, and therefore two councillors should be removed from the faculty. As well, there was currently no representative from London Hall, so it was requested that London Hall will now have one councillor – PASSED
7 – Request to extend the mandate of the Governance Review Ad Hoc Committee to present their report to Council at Annual General Meeting Part 1 on March 16, 2011 – PASSED!
Shortly afterwards the meeting was adjourned as everyone was looking forward to hearing the election results!