This extra meeting (they are usually held once a month) was held for the upcoming municipal elections!
There was also a candidate Meet & Greet at The Wave just before the council meeting. I had a chance to speak with a few mayoral candidates as well as Ward candidates.
The following four City of London Mayoral Candidates came to speak at the meeting:
- Joe Fontana
- Eric Southern
- Cynthia Etheridge
- Anne Marie DeCicco-Best
There were also some announcements from council members:
- Applications for the 2010/2011 O-Week Coordinator are available now until October 29th, check out the USC and O-Week websites!
- The USC is putting on Halloween Terrorfest the week before Halloween, these are the events:
- Haunted Forest on Oct. 26-29, 7-11pm (7-10pm on the 28th) at the Saugeen parking lot for $2!
- Horror Films:
Oct 26 – Paranormal Activity
Oct 27 – Scary Movie
Oct 28 – The Blair Witch Project
Oct 29 – I Know What You Did Last Summer
FREE @ 4pm in McKellar Theatre (2nd floor UCC)!
- Zombie Pub (19+) on Oct. 28th at the Wave, doors at 9pm, $3!
- Huron is organizing “Think Pink” on Thursday Oct. 21st at The Frog.
- Kings Calvin Harris event on Oct. 29th is almost sold out, grab your tickets at InfoSource in the UCC or London Music Hall. Also check out kucsc.com
- The Huron Underground Dramatic Society is having a sketch comedy night on Oct. 29th & 30th for #5, at Huron.
Until next time,